people sell your books.
- You should have a blog that you post regularly on.
- You should follow lots of blogs- ones that you like and actually read AND comment on because you like them. Use google.com/reader to make this a breeze.
- Join writers' groups and participate regularly.
- Go to other author signings and talk to them about their books.
- Start using twitter.com
- Tell everyone you meet that your book is coming out soon.
- Get in touch with bookstores and talk to them about signings.
- Get on Goodreads.com
- While you're at writers' conferences, talk to a lot of people and get their information. Make yourself known. Talk to the authors that are there. Be genuine with people-be yourself and make friends.
Your biggest obstacle in indie-publishing is getting the word out about your book.(and honestly, traditionally published authors have the same challenge.)You need to have a lot of people who care about your success in order to accomplish this. These initial people spread the word.