I'm making a list, checking it twice....
It is so important that you keep up with all the little things. (That don't involve your manuscript)And remember, the little things are really the big things. I don't spend more than You can do it all in less than one hour a day. If you procrastinate, it will overwhelm you.
1. Yahoo/gmail other mail services.
Make subfolders for all your mail and always move emails to the right
folder. Check once in the morning and once at night.Don't wait to
reply. Do it now. 10-15 minutes total.
2. Google reader (google.com/reader) A great tool for checking out all the blogs you
follow in one spot. Scroll through and pick 5-10 to comment on daily 5 minutes
3. Facebook profile (Friends)
Post at least once a day and scroll through the news clicking "like" and commenting for 5 minutes max
twice a day. This is where you do more personal posts.
4. Facebook page (s) (Likes)
Post something interesting about your book or what you're working on. It is writing or author related. 5
5. Forums/groups (Yahoo, Facebook, Linked-in) you belong to.
Change your settings to receive digest versions of posts. Scroll through and comment on as much as you
can in 10 minutes. Be disciplined.
Send out a tweet at least twice a day and scroll through the recent tweets and comment, retweet and reply
to as many as you can in 5 minutes
Sign up for digests and look at it in your mail. Comment and update book statuses for 5 minutes.
8. Shelfari- Not mandatory, but nice to update your books and follow a few people here and there.
9. Amazon page (Author central) Check all your author info, sales info and page once a day. Make sure it is current and looks good. Update any appearances, signings, etc you have coming up. 5 minutes